Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody. - 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 NKJV
• Responsible for cleaning homes, buildings, removing debris, and keeping areas neat and tidy. Vacuums and buffs floors, shampoos carpets, empties trash receptacles, and replace the lining of trash cans.
• Sweep and mop floors.
• Clean buildings by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces.
• Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
• Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
• Mix various cleaning agents.
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
• Dust furniture and scrub surface clean.
• Clean and service restrooms with mops and natural cleaners.
• Move heavy furniture.
• Identify and report possible repairs.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalency.
• Take The Happy, healthy, and Non-toxic Cleaning System Seminar and pass the exam.
• Work as a member of a team.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• None required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Happy, Healthy and Non-Toxic Cleaning System
• Driver's License
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
• Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; and responds well to questions.
• Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Happy Window Cleaning LLC is working with the Maid Training Academy, the oldest and largest maid training school in the world. They provide online training courses for residential cleaners. On top of that, Happy Window Cleaning provides its own Green Cleaning course.
If any of this sounds like a good fit for you then please read this very carefully.
Fill the pre-application form above.
You also have the option to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
a ready-made resume or this online resume (filled, of course)
a short cover letter, and
a list of three professional or character references
Don't just send us a message to say that you are interested. You have to show more interest than that. Tell us more about yourself and why you think you are a good fit. Most people will not follow this instruction because they are not detail-oriented and will not read this entire job post. If you cannot follow simple instructions then you won't be considered for the position. Are you the one we want to hire next?
All applications are treated with the utmost confidentiality.
We will purchase your training materials and cover testing fees, but we do not pay for your time to take the class. It’s a scholarship to learn how professional cleaners clean. And if you have cleaning experience you will still learn a great deal.
What’s in it for you?
1. You become certified by the Maid Training Academy
2. You get a Happy Window Green Cleaning Certification,
3. A $50 bonus for passing the exam,
4. Earn the trust and confidence of customers, and
5. Receive bigger tips.
Being a certified house cleaner gives you the edge over other house cleaners in the industry, hence you will be compensated accordingly.
You must be a certified professional cleaner. If you're already certified by the Maid Training Academy, great. Simply provide a copy of your certificate. If you are not, no problem, we will pay for your certification classes. To put this into perspective, lifeguards have to pass a 25-hour class (The American Red Cross) before they can be hired. Lifeguards typically pay for their training and are not paid to take the class. This is common in many professions. This is why most cleaning companies like us do NOT pay for the time to take the classes.